The following letter is from the President of the Women's Guild:
SAINT DENIS WOMEN’S GUILD
Hello, my name is Florence Strand, the new president of the Women’s Guild. I am writing this letter to personally invite ALL the women of our parish to become active members of the St. Denis Women’s Guild, whose primary purpose is to promote the spiritual welfare of women. I would also like to thank past and current board members for a job well done.
Every August there is a Women’s Guild membership envelope included in your St. Denis contribution packet. The dues are $10.00. This year Father Ted and I would like to encourage EVERY woman to join our Guild, no matter what you are able to give - a dollar or nothing at all!
The Guild does use the $10.00 fee to help defray expenses and donate to the following causes:
- baptismal stoles that are provided for each child baptized at St. Denis
- get well cards sent to the ill of our parish
- sympathy cards as well as Mass cards sent to the families of a deceased member of the Guild
- for the support of Pro-Life activities, USO, Red Cross, Heifer Fund,(an international mission to feed the hungry) Pads, St. Denis Helping Hands– both food and monetary assistance
- membership in the Archdiocesan Women’s Council and The Franciscan Outreach
Activities in which Guild members are encouraged to share their time and talents are:
- bake sales which are held twice a year
- hosting the Gathering Mass once a year which involves providing hospitality and food
- assisting our Pastor whenever needed
- volunteering to attend wakes and participate in a prayer service at the wake as well as attending the funeral mass of members
- a Lenten retreat for the women of the parish
- a Friendship Luncheon every May to bring past and present Guild members together
St. Denis is a spiritual, friendly, caring and welcoming parish. Throughout the years we have become diversified and bilingual. It was my pleasure to meet and speak with some ladies at the Confirmation service this year regarding possible ways to promote the Guild and interest more women to become actively involved. I would like to have a general meeting in August and hear your ideas and suggestions. Watch for an article in the bulletin regarding this meeting. I am looking forward to meeting each and every one of you soon. Thank you and God’s Blessings.
Circle of Service Sign-Up:
Are you ready to serve as Jesus did as a leader in our teen community? Jesus is the Great Servant and we follow Him when we serve as He did. Help us start up our teen ministry and join in the planning for the Circle of Service. Please fill out the form below: